After a serious auto accident, you or a loved one may be unsure of whether or not to hire a lawyer. And while it’s always smart to at least consult with one in order to understand the full extent of your rights, it’s also important to remember all the things a lawyer can help take care of for you during this overwhelming, exhausting and sometimes emotionally draining time.
Here are just a few of the things a lawyer can handle for you in an accident case:
Who a Lawyer Speaks to on Behalf of the Client
- The client’s insurance company
- The defendant’s insurance company
- Police officers
- Medical professionals
- Repair shop workers
- Insurance company appraisers
- Health insurance representatives
- Medical lien holders
- Liability adjusters
- Property damage adjusters
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Expert witnesses
- Credit agencies
What Items a Lawyer Takes Care of for the Client:
- Filing claims with the client’s insurance company
- Filing claims with the defendant’s insurance company
- Contacting insurance companies with any additional inquiries
- Choosing the right doctor
- Procuring an accident report
- Reducing medical bills
- Negotiating a settlement
- Handling an assets check on defendants
- Coordinating accident reconstruction and accident-scene photographs
If you or a loved one has become a victim of a personal injury case caused by another person’s wrongdoing, you may be unsure of what to do next. Rather than go through everything listed above (and more) on your own, let an experienced personal injury attorney help get you the recoveries you deserve. Our trusted team at The Law Firm of Cohen & Cohen is dedicated to checking each item off these lists for you, so you can focus on healing and getting back to a state of normalcy.
For even more information about personal injury law and what steps to take when you’ve fallen victim to an accident case, download our complimentary guide—The Right Questions to Ask When Choosing a Lawyer—for a compilation of the most important questions to ask before selecting an attorney.
Learn more about what The Law Firm of Cohen & Cohen can do for your case by contacting us online or calling 1-800-33-COHEN today.